Course Substitutions

This is an archived copy of the 2016-2017 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

A course exception or substitution is requested using eForms in Graduate Degree Works, which is accessed from the MyIIT portal ( ) under the Academics tab. The Office of Graduate Academic Affairs may not approve changes in the program after the student has filed an application for graduation without the prior approval of both the academic adviser and the department approver. Once a course on the student’s approved plan of study has been completed (i.e., grades have been issued), it may not be dropped to raise the program GPA required for graduation.  A new plan of study is required when a student requests and receives approval of a change of program (degree, major, specialization or concentration, thesis or non-thesis option) or when admitted to a new degree program. This plan is filed in Graduate Degree Works using the Plans tab.