Right of Appeal by Petition

This is an archived copy of the 2016-2017 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit http://bulletin.iit.edu.

A student should attempt first to resolve any departure from the stated rules with his or her adviser and academic unit head whenever possible. Questions regarding theses must be referred to the thesis examiner. If necessary, the student may submit a written petition signed by the academic adviser and the academic unit head to the Associate Dean of the Graduate College explaining any extenuating circumstances and requesting a speci fic solution (waiver) with appropriate additional requirements that may develop. The written approval must be attached to theĀ Form G701 Graduate Student Petition . Form G701 will not be accepted without a prior approval of the academic adviser and the academic unit head, unless the conflict is unresolved between the student and the adviser or the academic unit head. The graduate dean's decision regarding the unresolved conflict is final.