The International Center exists in order to provide professional support, services, and resources to the Illinois Tech community in matters related to international education and cultural exchange by 1) supporting international students, faculty, and staff, as well as students studying abroad; and 2) assisting in the compliance of immigration and other related regulations.
These services include:
- Individual and group orientations to the university and community;
- Assistance with United States Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Department of State document preparation for employment, and status maintenance;
- Workshops for faculty, staff, and students on issues affecting international students and scholars;
- Cross-cultural activities and programs that promote intercultural perspectives and address adjustment issues;
- Advisement for students interested in studying abroad.
All international students, scholars, and faculty are required to report to the International Center immediately upon arrival into the U.S./Chicago.