School of Applied Technology
C. Robert Carlson
10 W. 33rd St.
Perlstein Hall 223
Chicago, IL 60616
Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Campus
201 East Loop Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
The School of Applied Technology (SAT), established in 2010, was formed to prepare students to become innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders of the future. Programs and courses at the School of Applied Technology provide a blend of theoretical content and practical application that utilize a hands-on, reality-based approach to education. The degree and certificate programs provide an innovative experience where students work on cutting-edge, industry-sponsored projects, allowing students to apply what they learn in class to solve real-life problems.
SAT offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Department of Information Technology and Management in information technology and management and in cyber forensics and security; master’s degrees from the Department of Food Science and Nutrition in food process engineering and food safety and technology; and bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Department of Industrial Technology and Management in industrial technology and management.
SAT is affiliated with the renowned Institute for Food Safety and Health and hosts the Center for Cyber Security and Forensics Education (C2SAFE) and the Center for Innovation Science and Applications.
In addition to degree-seeking programs, the School of Applied Technology, through its Office of Professional Development and IIT Online, combines university-wide resources to establish a common administration and support structure for online and non-degree programs. Programs include: university-wide ESL assessment and instruction, technology-oriented training and certificates, employee and professional development, and short courses and seminars.
Department of Food Science and Nutrition
- Master of Food Process Engineering
- Master of Food Safety and Technology
- Master of Food Safety and Technology with Specialization in Business
- Master of Food Safety and Technology with Specialization in Industrial Management
- Master of Science in Food Process Engineering
- Master of Science in Food Safety and Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Food Science and Nutrition
- Food Process Engineering
- Food Processing Specialist
- Food Safety and Industrial Management
- Food Safety and Technology
Department of Industrial Technology and Management
Department of Information Technology and Management
- Advanced Software Development
- Cyber Security Management
- Cyber Security Technologies
- Data Center Operations and Management
- Data Management and Analytics
- Digital Voice and Data Communication Technologies
- Information Technology Innovation, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship
- System Administration
- Systems Analysis
- Web Design and Application Development