Master of Computer Technology
This is a branding of the MAS-ITM program, to be offered online through Illinois Tech’s partner Beacon, to Chinese students. (The market may be expanded in the future.) The goal is for the program to help working professionals upskill; some of these have three-year undergraduate degrees; provisions to ensure their preparation for the program are as described below.
1. ITMD 510 Object-Oriented App Development
(Intermediate app development with Java)
2. ITMD 515 Advanced Software Programming
(Advanced app development with Enterprise Java)
3. ITMD 536 Software Testing and Maintenance
4. ITMS 565 Rich Internet Applications (Client-side web applications)
5. ITMD 571 Project Management
6. ITMD 511 Application Development Methodologies
7. ITMD 518 Coding Security
8. ITMD 534 Human/Computer Interaction
9. ITMD 513 Open Source Programming (May vary but currently Python)
10. ITMD 555 Open-Source Intelligent Device Applications (Android)
Substitutions to this curriculum may be made, within the existing curriculum of the MAS-ITM program.
· Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
o Applicants with a three-year undergraduate degree, but without a 4-year bachelor’s degree, are admissible provided they have at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
· Minimum GRE scores of 300 quantitative + verbal, and 3.0 analytic writing, although GRE scores are waived for applicants with a bachelor's degree from an accredited United States institution with a GPA of 3.0/4.0. (May be waivable based on work experience.)
· TOEFL/PTE/IELTS scores may be required from some applicants.
· A personal statement must be submitted.
· ITM 311 or equivalent (Intro to Java)
· Discrete math (equivalent to MATH 180 or 230, or CS 330)
Jamshid Mohammadi (mohammadi) ( Rollback: Dear Shlomo, Please kindly revise as discussed in GSC and resubmit. Jamshid ):
Jamshid Mohammadi (mohammadi) ( Rollback: Dear Shlomo,Please revise with information and clarification on (1) HLC position; (2) Illinois Higher Education Commission Position; and (3) the impact of the proposal on IIT's reputation. Regards,Jamshid ):
Jamshid Mohammadi (mohammadi) ( Rollback: Dear Shlomo, I am rolling this back so that you can put the new proposal in.Regards, Jamshid ):