Right of Appeal by Petition

A student should attempt first to resolve any departure from the stated rules with his or her adviser and academic unit head whenever possible. Questions regarding theses must be referred to the thesis examiner. If necessary, the student may submit a written petition signed by the academic adviser and the academic unit head to the VP of Academic Affairs explaining any extenuating circumstances and requesting a specific solution (waiver) with appropriate additional requirements that may develop. The written approval must be attached to theĀ Form G701 Graduate Student Petition. Form G701 will not be accepted without the prior approval of the academic adviser and the academic unit head, unless the conflict is unresolved between the student and the adviser or the academic unit head. The VP of Academic Affair's decision regarding the unresolved conflict is final.