Grade Appeal

The assignment of letter grades (see Grades) is at the discretion of the course instructor, and except for unusual circumstances, the assigned course grade is final.

Undergraduate students who want to appeal a letter grade assigned in a course should first confer directly with the course instructor. If the student and instructor cannot come to an agreement, the student should contact the chair of the instructor’s department. If necessary, the student can appeal to the dean of the instructor’s college.