Hermann Hall, Suite 113
Career Services is an on-campus resource for professional development and career planning. This office provides the following services to students and alumni:
- one-on-one and small group advising with career development coaches and peer career coaches
- reviews of résumés, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and other career-related documents
- professional development workshops for the general campus community and for specific student or alumni groups
- career fairs and other recruitment or networking events to engage with employers
- an Experiential Learning program, including processing of Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
This office serves all current students and alumni from the following colleges/campuses: Armour College of Engineering, College of Architecture, College of Science, Institute for Food Safety and Health, Lewis College of Human Sciences, Pritzker Institute of Biomedical Science and Engineering, School of Applied Technology, and the Wanger Institute for Sustainable Energy Research (WISER). More information is available on the Career Services website. Separate career support offices exist for the IIT Stuart School of Business, Institute of Design, and Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Experiential Learning Program
Experiential Learning (EL) is a learning approach that integrates university studies with professional work experience in industry, business, or government, and this experience is gained through career-related co-operative education (co-ops) and internships. Salaries among Illinois Institute of Technology EL students are competitive and can help defray educational expenses; the EL experience also improves chances for employment upon graduation. The EL Program is managed by Career Services, and ensures that the internship or co-op experience is vetted and officially recognized by the university.
Enrollment in the Experiential Learning program is a requirement for international students pursuing internships or co-ops under immigration rules and regulations. More information about off-campus employment and Experiential Learning is available on the Career Services website.